Mi., 20. Sept.|
Certified LeSS Practitioner: Principles to Practices with Craig Larman
Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS—in this 3-day highly-participative course. Participants (senior managers, product developers, ...) explore a deep understanding of LeSS, Large-Scale Scrum, for lean & agile development with many teams working together on one product.
Time & Location
20. Sept. 2023, 09:00 – 22. Sept. 2023, 18:00
Berlin, "SANA Berlin Hotel", Nürnberger Str. 33/34, 10777 Berlin, Germany
About the event
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS—in this 3-day highly-participative course. Participants (senior managers, product developers, ...) explore a deep understanding of LeSS, Large-Scale Scrum, for lean & agile development with many teams working together on one product. We explore adoption, new organizational design, systems thinking & optimization, the role of management, and concretely how to work together in a Sprint at scale in terms of coordination, architecture, planning, and more.
Critically, we explore the Big Idea of more with LeSS: simplifying & descaling over "scaling", or... scaling product development by descaling the organization.
Perhaps most importantly and interestingly, this course runs mostly as a series of "at giant whiteboards" deep-thinking exercises involving systems modeling in small teams to explore why, so that people can own the ideas by discovering them for themselves, rather than "renting" the ideas. A focus on why and owning not renting are important elements of LeSS and how it's learned, and Craig emphasizes this in the course learning experience.
Join Larman for a deep dive into more with LeSS, based on his long experience with LeSS adoptions.
Course runs until 17:30 on all 3 days, including day 3; for certification, full attendance is required.
- descaling and simplifying over scaling: more with LeSS
- LeSS principles, frameworks, guides, experiments
- two LeSS frameworks: basic & LeSS Huge
Systems Thinking & Organizational Design
- local versus global systems optimization
- local optimization in backlogs
- local optimization in product definition
- local optimization in planning
- local optimization in analysis & design
- local optimization in programming
- redefining the scope of the product, and the impact on global optimization
- portfolio management
LeSS Huge Framework
- Requirement Areas
- Area Product Owners
- role of Overall Product Owner
- Area Backlogs
- preparation before the first Sprint
- Sprint Planning with many teams
- coordination & integration: from communities to architecture
- scaling Product Backlog Refinement
- scaling the Sprint Review & Retrospective
- multi-site development
- pre-adoption: building interest
- the adoption guides
- 3 principles
- getting started
- scope of the first adoption
- stories of LeSS adoptions
More on LeSS Roles
- Managers in a LeSS organization
- Scrum Masters in LeSS
- Product Owner in LeSS
- shu-ha-ri and frameworks
- empirical control
- why "More with LeSS"?
- systems optimization
- occupational psychology
PARTICIPATION, CERTIFICATION AND MATERIALS
They will get access to:
Normal Price2.499,00 €Tax: +474,81 € VATSale ended